Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Made It

Classroom prep is in high gear!  Well, from the comfiest spot on my couch.  I can't actually get into my room right now as it is being used for some very special kiddos who are having a great week at camp... I can't get in for another 10 days, so for now, I am busy whittling away on the computer.  On to what I made!

This post is about my Classroom Jobs.  I know a lot of you have many classroom jobs, or even a job for every kiddo.  I used to do that.  I found the changing of jobs something I forgot to do, and some of the jobs were just titles - 'trash administrator' was one of my jobs.  LOL!!!  I also had kids who didn't like certain jobs and by Friday, they just weren't pulling their wait.  Bring in....  the one person job chart!  Yep, that's right.  Kind of like "one ring to rule them all"....  there is just one job in my class (and they get to pick a helper).  Last year, I had a patriotic theme for the big election, so I had a class president.  Each morning I would announce the president (we went in alphabetical order up and down the class list).  They would pick their VP and do EVERY SINGLE JOB that needed to be done.  Errand to run?  President.  Roll to take up?  President.  Library books to return?  President.  You get the idea.

Since my theme this year is nautical, I will have a captain and first mate.  This system worked out SO well for me last year.  If you're having a tough time with your jobs, try this!

And, here's the poster I made for my new 'jobs chart'!
The big empty space at the top if for their photo.  I take a pic of each kiddo on the first day, print them in B&W and clip them together.  I hang the stack from a pushpin and put one up each day.  I also laminate this poster and write in the boxes the kids' names.  Wipe off each day and start again the next! Anyone else have a creative jobs chart they use?  Feel free to post a link to your blog in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love, love, love this! Do you have this available on TPT?

    ReplyDelete